|There was one, there was two – now there is 19 dogs.
By Susanne Krøyer (translated by Elsebeth Frederiksen) A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ABOUT US.
Elsebeth and Rene’ Frederiksen is wild about Chihuahua . The first came in 2005. Now there is 19 dogs running around on the farm at Longvej 3 in Refsvindinge.
Refsvindinge : Some are crazy with dance, others are crazy with dogs and the last must must be the case for Elsebeth and Rene’ Frederiksen.
They bought there first Chihuahua in 2005, when there children has left the parental nest. They choose the Mexican dog – world smallest – because it was a little dog, that was easy to bring everywhere, and because they lived in a brand new house, they did not want ruin by a big dog.
- Donna, as it named, became daddy’s dog, and we became so in love with her, that I also had to have a mummy’s dog, so we bought Minja, and then Vakker, and so went we amok, tells Elsebeth Frederiksen.
The couple decided to sell there new house in Frederikssund , so that the dogs could get more and better space to scamper about on. Therefore bought the couple the farm on Longvej 3 in Refsvindinge in 2006 with 2,6 hectare land, how of the garden is approx. 7.000 square metre. And when they got so much space, they could just as well buy some more dogs.
And today there is 19 dogs running around in the house. Because, the dogs are breed to be an “alarmdog”, (to make alarm, on the temple wall in Mexico ), therefore the hell break loose when guest arrives.
- Yes, we can never avoid to, hear if somebody is coming, and laugh Elsebeth Frederiksen, while 19 dogs trying to jump up on the guest. But Elsebeth takes fast two of the most noisily and put theme in the pocket on a apron, where they are sitting safe and keep quiet.
And how amazing it all sound, it don’t take long time, before we almost don’t notice, that there is 19 dogs in the big kitchen. A little tripping of small paws and a yap now and then is all.
- Our dogs are aloud to be everywhere, tells Elsebeth.
And in the sitting room, where two white leather sofa standing, is the proof on, that the dogs must be everywhere. Up to the sofa Elsebeth has made a little staircase, so the dogs can come up to the furniture.
- And every night are we sitting and having a pleasant time and look at the television with all of the dogs. Each dog have there own place, so we have them all around us. And that is so nice, laugh she.
Kennel mark in house.
Rene’ and Elsebeth has now lived one year on the farm, and when they have so many dogs, they have to get licence to have kennel.
That have they so done and have also got there kennel-mark. According to the legislation shall all have a licence to have run a kennel, if they have more than four dog’s. - So we had to do so, so that we not suddenly could be forced to lose one of our dogs. It would be terrible, but now fortunately that is in order.
43-year-old Elsebeth is educated as technical designer, but after 4 operations because of working with computer-mouse was she sent one, rehabilitation and began reading to real estate agent.
- I only missing one subject, when we moved, and that I fail, so my husband wanted me to go home with our dog’s, so now I’m working at home been a dog-mummy, and I love it, laugh Elsebeth.
The Family has now license to have 30 grown-up dogs. The couple intend to make the kennel in one of the old stable building but with direct access to the utility room. – Because the dogs should still be with us and be a part of our everyday life. They shall not live in boxes. They shall stay here I the house, when we are at home. But it would be nice to have a place where we can put the girl when they are in heat, she said.
All dogs on shows’
Elsebeth and Rene’ use also much time to take there dogs to show. And it’s not a cheap hobby. Its cost 2500 Dkk pr. Dog a year and the couple have an average of seven dogs with them every time.
And they are on every show for the breed. So it become to about 12 shows a year. The small female must also have a Caesarian if necessary and it cost about 8.000-15.000 Dkk each time. But in return are some of the dogs high prize-winning. Especially the male Vakker, who is national champion, bronze and silver champion and have two certificates to international champion.
- He is only missing one so is he international champion also, tells Elsebeth.
She takes as possible all dogs with her to shows. And it takes a lot of training in the every day life.
- The shows are also a good way to socialize our dogs; where else could they meet so many other dogs. I also take theme on a lot of walk, so they can learn to behave well and meet other dogs and people, tells she.
I love to stay at home with our dogs. There is always something to do with theme. Beyond training they shall be bathing, grooming, brush teeth and learn how to stand nicely on a table. But they are some lovely dogs. They are so small so that they never stop being puppies. Even our adults luck like puppies. Oure dogs are the best gift we could; we ever could give our self. Love could normally not be bought for money, but if you buy a Chihuahua , would the old proverb be made ashamed, says Elsebeth.